May 2th 2022
ohora: TIPS for LASTING ohora strips
by Alex Choi
A LOT OF CUSTOMERS ASK...
- How long do these strips last?
- What is the proper way of application?
- At least 14 days, if and only if you’ve applied these strips “properly”.
- How? Follow the steps below:
STEP 01. CLEAN NAIL SURFACE
- Wash your hands before removing oil and moisture from the nail surface with the prep pad.
- Remove your hangnails with ohora Pro Loose Skin Remover
Pro Loose Skin Remover (1ea)
Push-type cuticle remover that helps remove hangnails easily and safely.
- Apply ohora Pro Nail Primer
Pro Nail Primer (1ea)
Add a protective layer by creating a thin and transparent film. It minimizes the damage that may occur during gel nail removal.
STEP 02. CHOOSE THE RIGHT STRIP SIZE
- Choose the size that best fits your nail size. If you can’t find one that’s perfectly fit for your size, pick a strip slightly smaller than your nail and gently stretch it to reach both sides of your nail bed.
- Make sure the strips are not “hard”. If they don’t feel soft like jelly, use your hands, hair dryer, and so forth to “warm” the strips until they become flexible again.
STEP 03. APPLY THE STRIP
- Peel off the strip by grabbing the outer tip of the strip (not the inner tip labeled ‘Cuticle Line’). Be sure to place the strip slightly apart from your cuticle line.
- Try to get the strip on your nail on the first try. Peeling on and off the strip will weaken the strip adhesive.
STEP 04. FIRMLY PRESS THE STRIP
Use the ohora Pro Easy Dual Stick to apply pressure in the direction of the cuticle line to the outer tip, leaving no space for hair to get caught between the nail surface and strip.
Pro Easy Dual Stick (1ea)
A stainless-steel dual stick that helps with strip application and removal
STEP 05. FILE THE STRIP
- Do not leave your strips longer than your actual nails (if you do, your strips may not last as long as you would like them to, so don’t).
- You can use nail clippers, but I prefer nail scissors for better precision.
STEP 06. CURE THE STRIP
- Cure your strips 2-3 times with VANITY TABLE Gel Lamp. If you feel the strips require additional curing, do so 2-3 more times. Please note that overcuring the strips may result in early chipping and cracking.
VANITY TABLE Gel Lamp
Highly portable UV lamp with compact dimensions: 131x67x19mm
- If you have long nails and wish for lasting strips, we strongly recommend using ohora Pro Glossy Top Gel after curing the strips 2-3 times. Not only does it add glossy texture, but seals the gap between the strip and nail.
- A personal tip I would give is: seal the tip of your nails with the top gel so that later on, your nail tip and strip won't come apart.
Pro Glossy Top Gel (1ea)
Gives your strips the extra layer of glossy finish and helps them to last longer on nails
Tips & Solution for different skin types:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE